Sunday, September 03, 2006

Like a legend

She breezes in like a legend
You can see it in her eyes
A guitar slung over her shoulder
She's got a heart that's young but wise

And
She's got a strange sense of humor
A song or two about love
You can talk straight to her
You don't always have to use kid gloves

*****
Chorus:
****

I wish she'd come back in
I haven't seen her for a while
I miss her quirky friendliness
And that honest genuine smile

I like who she is
On the way to who she's gonna be
I even kinda like
That she can see through me

****
****

Yeah
She works like the rest of us
At some lousy job all week
Sometimes she belts it out
Sometimes she softly speaks

And
I would pay to see her
If I had any money to my name
I like that she chooses talent
Over that silly (ass) lame fame game

****
Repeat Chorus:
****


Neils
*
about 1997-98
at the Garden Circle Cafe
*
transcribed this time
11:40 am
09/03/2006


N....again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home